Setup Yahoo Boss Search Engine
Integrate the Yahoo! Search Boss search API (http://developer.yahoo.com/search/boss/) into our website and enable advanced search functionality.
– Ensure frequently indexed content and fresh search data
– Demonstrate ability to adjust settings for improved results (more recent = more relevant)
– Search includes results from 3 website sections
– Ability to refine search to just include results for specific website sections or parameters like categories, tags, # of comments (e.g. http://search.techcrunch.com/query.php?s=iphone)
– Ability to sort search by relevancy (default), # of Comments, Date
– Display Image thumbnail in results (where image is available)
– Search page will fit into current design template
– Include drill down links in results for comments and tags in the article results
– Clean, efficient, commented code with record of changes
– Demonstrate search results integrated together in a single results set and also separately (by website section)
– Redhat Linux with PHP5 & MySQL 5
– Using Disqus commenting system
– Custom Built CMS
– Development server provided
Note: This project will be focused on demonstrating the functionality of the Yahoo Search Boss API. A Follow up project will refine search functionality and appearance to prepare for moving into production.
– Experience with Yahoo Search Boss or similar search API
– Excellent php/mysql/xml experience
Please explain your relevant experience before bidding on this project.