Quick Text Manipulation Script
This project is to rebuild a script that I originally produced in PERL. I’d like for you to do it in PHP, with CSS. It’s an easy script for someone who knows basic string functions and looping in PHP…because I’ll give you my original PERL script.
And, it’s just one page.
In other words, if this takes you more than a few hours, I’d be surprised.
I’ll give you details for what this is really about if you PM me, but let’s say that this is a script to take 2, 3, or 4 columns of words and combine them together in all the different combinations.
So let’s say that the first column had these words/phrases:
And column two had:
And column three had:
Least favorite color
The output of the program would be:
Blue is my favorite color
Blue is my least favorite color
Blue is your favorite color
Blue is your least favorite color
Red is my favorite color
Red is my least favorite color
Red is your favorite color
Red is your least favorite color
Green is my favorite color
Green is my least favorite color
Green is your favorite color
Green is your least favorite color
Get the idea?
1) There will be four columns
2) There’s a button to make some columns “optional” or turn them off completely (ie skip this column)
3) There are some punctuation options.
4) There are some other “minor” functions which this page has, which I’ll explain.
5) The page will eventually have some user authentication, but does not require that at this point. I just want you to know that, because I may want to add that at some point (ie it’s NOT part of the current spec).
6) Click “submit” and the page refreshes, and the text field at the bottom of the page will have the new list of combined phrases.
Easy, right? Frankly, you could probably knock out a basic script like this in 5 minutes, even without my sample code.
If you know enough already, feel free to send me your bid.
On the other hand, if you want to see a screen shot of the previous Perl app, message me and I’ll send that to you, along with the real application for this tool.