Flash Design Lab Mods 2
I have an tshirt app. I need it modified
I need this done in 25 days or less. I’m willing pay $350-450
It will do many things but focused on two things:
1. A place for visitors to create artwork.
2. A place for visitors and our reps to make product mockups.
The key will be your ability to make the program skew or wrap art onto a non-flat or angled image like a coffee mug or an item image where the product is shot on an angle. There are some that do it, so we know it can be done, but their versions are clumsy. Many of our item images are going to be skewed or wrapped so this is a big deal.
The industry standard is is a company which can place your uploaded art on to an item, will skew it to fit, and can knock out the white:
Go here and you’ll see a single row of six tiny product images. Click on the tiny image of the cooler bag at the far right and you’ll see how this works.
Attached are three images of my sketch and a word doc. We can polish up the button graphics and such later, but this is my test mockup:
DesignLabGraphicsPage.jpg shows the default page.
DesignLabTEXTpage.jpg shows the text tab, duh.
DesignLabGraphicsPageSKEW.jpg shows how the preview would look on an angled image.
The Design Lab should be built into a standard web page (or something that looks like a standard page) with the header and such at the top and the design lab in the big center area. I want toavoid it being a pop-up window.
Visitors come to the lab ONLY from an item page.
The Lab will, by default, load the item image and item color for the item they were viewing on the item page. If they were viewing a blue pencil, an image of a blue pencil loads in the preview and the background of Art Board changes to blue.
1. Background changes to the color of the image. Match the color of the swatch image (tile the swatch as the background?)
2. The black and white box is proportional to the imprint area. If the imprint area is round, like on a golf ball, a black and white circle will appear. If the imprint area is wide and short, like on a pen, a wide and short box will appear.
3. The imprint area box is a 1 pixel white line on top of a 3 pixel black line. This way, the line will show up regardless of light or dark background.
4. Tools: A place object can be scaled, rotated, or deleted (like you have in your current lab design). When you click-OFF the object, these tools should hide until you click on the object. Tools should only appear on the object you’re working on.
5. There are three buttons at the bottom. Undo, Bring to Front, Send to Back. These should be self-explanatory.
1. There are two different center sections. “Add/Edit Graphics” and “Add/Edit Text”
2. For Add/Edit Graphics:
a. Upload art – they need to be able to upload their art and knock out the white. Default is to knock out white (make white transparent so background color shows through)
b. Change artwork color – I have a specific list of 26 colors. The file is made with them, but I can provide the exact colors. When you mouse-over a color, the name of the color should pop-up (“Black”,”Brown”,”White”, etc.)
c. Add Clip Art – We will determine 20 categories later.
d. Change Item Color – These colors will change based on the item colors available. Clicking on a different color will cause the background of the “Art Board” to change to that swatch plus the “Preview” image will change to the new item color.
e. Change Item – These are just links to the jump pages on the site.
3. Add/Edit Text
a. Add Text – Text box should be large enough to support several lines of text.
b. Select Font – We will pick about 12-15 fonts to offer. Keep it simple.
c. Text color – self explanatory
d. Arch Text – Two options besides “none” are “Arch Up” and “Arch Down” and the slider to adjust the amount of arch. (No “invert”)
1. Image loads of blank product in the selected color. We’ll have to make a whole library of blank images sized to this size.
2. SAVE/LOAD your design – Visitor should be able to save their design for later and be able to pull it back up and apply it to another product. Perhaps we could save images for a limited time, like 14 days or so?
3. Make .jpg – Since this preview image is so small, we’d like to be able to click this button and have a larger .jpg image of the preview open up in a new window or pop-up a “save as” window.
4. Add design to cart – Clicking this should send the artwork, and the visitor, to the cart for checkout. The art should come to us as the “Art Board” not the preview.
All the connections to and after the app and saving it must be done. Also all sides need to be able to be saved and viewed.
The work will be done on my server then put on the client’s server after the work is done. I need it done on my server for 3 reasons: I can’t show the work to my client if it’s on some other companies url, 2 I want to be able to see the work you have done. Too many times programmers have told me “I can’t show you any work because it’s on my local server”. Some tell the truth, but other’s lie and just haven’t done any work,
3 I’ve had client’s steal my work and not pay money. A lot times this happens when programmers don’t do enough browers and site funtionality testing. So anyway having it done on my server eliminates the chance of them stealing the work. If they want the work they have to pay me and you.
Also if you agree to this project you are agreeing to give me daily updates (excluding Sunday). If I don’t get daily updates I’m cancelling the project.
I live with mentality that I’d rather work with a programmer who has a lot issues and runs into a lot issues but communicates these issues with me, then a programmer who can get all the work done, but only emails me every 3 days.
All people who accept the project will do all the installation on my server and the client’s server when the work is done. The person who accept this project will agree to do any other modifications the client wants to the program.