Man dies in village house blaze

fire crews - generic image

A man has died after a fire at a house in the village of Carrowdore on the Ards Peninsula in County Down.

The fire, at the house on Manse Road, was reported at 0400 BST on Monday morning.

Police and fire crews attended the fire.

The police have said that they are investigating the circumstances surrounding the fire and enquiries are ongoing.

Jonathan Bell, the area’s DUP MLA, said the victim was an elderly man and that the police have told him the fire is not suspicious.

He added: "Carrowdore is a close-knit, caring community and there is a tangible sense of shock here this morning."

This article is from the BBC News website. © British Broadcasting Corporation, The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.