WordPress Database Mysql Work
I’m willing to pay $200-260 for this work. It must be done in 16 days or less.
My client (a wordpress designer) started a site in WordPress v2.9.1. He is responsible for the service pages, SEO, client communication, etc. He needs built a solution to integrate an ecommerce catalog for automotive parts and accessories using my client’s 12 to15 Excel spreadsheets containing vehicle applications and prices. Spreadsheets are provided by the manufacturers and vary in layout and content. My client will need the ability to adjust prices globally or by category by % increase/decrease and have a template to use (CSV or other – he will populate data himself) for uploading future catalog updates. Client will also need a way to link the catalog to a shopping cart for orders. A few of these manufacturer catalogs will remain on the manufacturer’s website in PDF format. I’d like to use it as view-only to find a part number then search the part number on the client’s catalog. Client will need a simplified Year-Make-Model search at minimum to be used throughout the WordPress sidebar (widget maybe). Client will not retain stock of these items but instead receive the orders to get them for his customers when they order through his website.
Other context/requirements that providers will need to know:
I am thinking of using WP.osC http://www.wposc.com/ to integrate osCommerce for the cart and catalog solution but it’s only an idea at this point. Open to ideas but has to be non-website experience user-friendly. He currently used Miva but hates it. I will provide all spreadsheets to view before submitting proposal.
Work that needs to be completed:
1. To develop a fully functional ecommerce catalog within or attached to the Client’s WordPress website platform.
2. To create all database and related software modifications primarily using PHP language.
3. Advise Client on the best method, including suggested software and development methods or practices, to build an ecommerce/catalog solution to search for, store and render automotive parts and accessories.
4. Develop in such a way to allow the databases to be upgradeable by the website owner or Client as future catalog changes occur. Contractor will not be responsible for future catalog updates and any needed database modifications beyond the term of this agreement. Contractor warranty is only valid for the functionality of the software being developed at the time of development and within the term of this agreement and is not liable for compatibility and changes needed for future 3rd party software version updates. However Contractor will develop with intent of being as forward-compatible as possible.
5. Ensure the ecommerce admin has the ability to raise or lower catalog prices globally or by individual categories. Raising or lowering by percentage is preferred method.
6. Permit images, descriptions and specifications to be uploaded and accompany the store products if needed.
7. To be reasonably accessible to communicate project details as needed by Client via email, phone or other electronic methods during normal business hours and business days.
8. Create working electronic data template documents (CSV or other DB language) in order for website user to input future catalog data and/or changes to data capable of being upload to server. Excel CSV is preferred method.
9. Use Client’s Excel documents and PDF catalogs to create the ecommerce automotive parts and accessories database.
10. For catalogs being viewed as a PDF file, create a way to search for the product and provide a price within the website’s shopping cart to complete the transaction.
11. Provide a Year-Make-Model catalog search where possible.
12. Use existing template on the WordPress website created by Client.