Symfony Php Web 2.0 Developmen
We are building out a new, Web 2.0-based concept, with e-commerce and social networking aspects. We’ve partially developed the website in-house and are looking to have someone else take over development responsibilities.
We’re seeking an experienced & responsible web development “ninja”, either an individual or a shop, who are quick & seasoned, with a good sense of technical prowess, usability & web design, for a short-term contract of at most 2 months long once knowledge transfer is predominantly completed. The candidate may choose to either build on top of our existing codebase, or start from scratch. It’s your discretion. We only ask that you must meet the 2-month timeline.
The candidate will be the only web developer reporting to the project lead and needs to work independently & remotely.
– Understand & analyze business direction & requirements
– Use sound usability & web design sense to translate business & technical requirements into solutions
– Execute all development activities: analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment
– Develop web functionalities leveraging existing code base as part of a small yet highly knowledgeable team.
– Adhere to project timelines, meetings, and deadlines
– Ensure completion of coding assignments, following industry guidelines &standards and best practices
– Periodically report status to team (small touchpoints every few days, weekly status meeting)
– Work independently with potentially little direct supervision
– Must be able to host a publicly accessible work-in-progress version of the website
– Must be able to efficiently manage and respond to change requests, performance & bug reports
– Produce documentation
WHAT WE EXPECT IN YOUR INITIAL EMAIL TO US (NO EXCEPTIONS, OR ELSE WE’LL AUTOMATICALLY DELETE YOUR RESPONSE):
* MUST STATE THAT YOU ARE ADVANCED WITH SYMFONY 1.1+.
* MUST SHOWCASE AT LEAST 3 PUBLIC WEBSITES WHICH YOU’VE DEVELOPED RUNNING SYMFONY 1.1+.
* MUST PROVIDE AT LEAST 3 REFERENCES OF PREVIOUSLY SATISFIED US-BASED CUSTOMERS WHICH WE CAN FREELY CONTACT (E.G. 1-2 DAYS’ RESPONSE). THE MORE REFERENCES, THE BETTER.
* Advanced to expert-level PHP 5.x
* Advanced to expert-level experience with CodeIgniter, Joomla, Drupal, CakePHP
* Advanced knowledge of Ruby on Rails (RoR)
* Strong knowledge of CSS
* Strong knowledge of AJAX
* Strong knowledge of Facebook and other social networking API’s, OPENID, OpenSocial, Google API’s, etc.
* Sound knowledge of mySQL, database design, modeling
* Sound HTML, XML, SOAP, JSON, etc.
* Sound understanding of object-oriented paradigm
* Sound understanding of Flash, Actionscript
* Moderate graphic & image manipulation skills
* Working knowledge of Linux shell & Apache implementation & configuration
* Familiar with browser compatibility issues
* Familiar with security paradigms and fundamentals
* Familiar with networking fundamentals
* has excellent oral & written communication skills
* can work effectively with graphic artists, other developers and non technical (business) people
* works well alone for long periods of time without supervision or guidance (self motivated)
* knows how to multitask and prioritizing tasks
* familiar with the web full life-cycle from start to launch
* has experience designing relational databases from scratch
* has experience creating SQL views, stored procedures, indexes, triggers, etc.
* has experience with high bandwidth web sites
* has strong documentation and reporting skills
* has opinions and is willing to voice and defend them
* be confident enough to ask questions and challenge false assumptions
* be creative and ready to face challenges that don’t have obvious solutions
* can work 20-40+ hours / week – whatever it takes to meet deadlines
* College students and recent grads welcome.