Swoopo Clone 2010
I purchased the 2010 swoopo clone transfered it to my host and done every thing in instructions but when i try to set up admin by registering says username should have letters and numbers only please help.
Also need to set up cron jobs
These are instructions
Please note: For significant performance improvements, install Zend Optimizer on your server.
Here are the instructions
1) Move the code (if it is not already) to a folder in your webroot folder. For example /var/www/swoopo2010.
If you are moving this code to a live server, copy the code into the public_html or httpdocs directory.
2) This step is only needed if the site isn’t accessable from a domain name directly. e.g. www.swoopoclone.com
You need to set up a subdomain to access the site, so that the website URL is swoopoclone.localhost
For more information visit: http://blog.ubrio.us/gnome/how-to-subdomain-localhost-ubuntu-osx
3) The next step is to create your database and dump the SQL. In the code under /app/config/sql import the
file telebid.sql into your database.
4) Now you need to create your config file. In app/config you will see a file called config.default.php.
Rename this to config.php and fill out the details so that they match yours. Turn demoMode to true for now.
5) Now you need to chmod 777 the following directories:
6) Now you need to create the following Cron Jobs. We use CURL to access the URLs, but contact me if you server doesn’t have CURL installed.
These cron jobs should be set to run every minute, of every hour, or every day. Make sure the cronTime in the config is set to 1 also.
The 4 commands you need to set up are:
curl -s -o /dev/null http://www.domain.com/daemons/bidbutler
curl -s -o /dev/null http://www.domain.com/daemons/extend
curl -s -o /dev/null http://www.domain.com/daemons/autobid
curl -s -o /dev/null http://www.domain.com/daemons/close
If you are running the site on your local host, you can test these things by simply running the daemons directly on another browser
and set the cronTime to say 10 to keep it running.
7) You should now be able to access the website. Register on the website, and your account will be set to admin.
Once you have done this, turn turn the demoMode back to false.
Thats it! Enjoy the code!