Wizard With Casc. Drop Downs
I need to create a Cable Assembly Wizard with multiple cascading drop downs. I’ve created a page at http://www.msp-technology.com/store/pc/wizard.asp with the required drop downs. I’ve created a mockup with numbers corresponding to the information at http://www.msp-technology.com/store/pc/wizard-mockup.jpg and have also attached it to the project.
What I need done is to add the following logic to the none-cascading drop downs:
1. User chooses the Connector A Series Type. This determines the following: Possible Connector A Interfaces; Connector B Series Types; Cable Types
2. User chooses the Connector A Interface. This determines the possible Connector A Orientation
3. User chooses the Connector A Orientation. This does not determine any other choice.
4. User chooses the Connector B Series Type from a list determined in Step 1. This determines the possible Connector B Interfaces (same rule as in Step 1).
5. User chooses the Connector B Interface. This determines the possible Connector B Orientation
6. User chooses the Connector B Orientation. This does not determine any other choice.
7. User chooses the Cable Type from a list determined in Step 1.
8. User enters the Cable Length and unit of measurement
9. User clicks the Continue button and a picture of the cable assembly appears as well as the part number.
10. User click on the picture or part number to go to a pricing page for that assembly (essentially partnumber.html or partnumber.asp)
A. Pull-downs are grayed out or inactive until input is required. For example, the cable types are known after Step 1, but I want the user to wait to select it until Step 7.
B. Each choice in Steps 1-8 determines a portion of the part number. For example, a possible cable assembly would be part number BN-BJG-S-BN-BJG-S-100-125. Each number between the hyphens corresponds to the pull-down.
C. The Pictures displayed in Step 9 are determined by the three Connector pull-downs. Steps 1-3 determine the picture by #10. Steps 4-6 determine the picture by #12. The picture/line by #11 is the same no matter what cable you choose. Pictures 10/12 will have names the same as that portion of the part number (i.e. BN-BJG-S.jpg)
D. Although the pull downs are not dependent on each other, they do contain the total amount of options for that pull down. Obviously, once the pull downs are cascading, the number of options will be reduced.
E. As the dependencies will not change, they can be hard coded or part of a MySQL or MS SQL database, whatever the programmer prefers.