There are numerous reports on FaceTime / MMS issues on iPhone 4 after jailbreaking with JailbreakMe 2.0 “Star”. After jailbreaking iPhone 4 with JailbreakMe 2.0, FaceTime and MMS stopped working for some users. Within a few hours, we have a fix for MMS / FaceTime problem, thanks to Comex and the Dev-Team.
If you jailbreak your iPhone now using JailbreakMe 2.0 it should work fine because the issue has been addressed in the Jailbreak as well. However if you have already jailbroken iPhone before the issue was fixed, then there are two ways to fix the issue:
Install Base Structure Update from Cydia
- Open the Cydia.
- Go to changes tab and hit refresh.
- There you’ll find an update available for Base Structure.
- Install it.
- Reset Network Settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Restore Firmware and re-Jailbreak
- Restore the firmware
- then re-jailbreak iPhone with JailbreakMe 2.0
NOTE: re-jailbreaking without restoring firmware does NOT fix the FaceTime/MMS.
If you want to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, follow the guides linked below:
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 4 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 3G with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, 2G with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPad iOS 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: unlock iPhone 3GS, 3G with UltraSn0w 0.93
Update 1: How to FaceTime over 3G