iOS 4.2.1 firmware is now available for download. You can download iOS 4.2.1 firmware for iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPad, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, 2G. iOS 4.2 build 8C148 download links can be found below…
iOS 4.2.1 comes as a universal firmware for iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPad, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, 2G. To install iOS 4.2.1 on your device, connect your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to iTunes 10.1, new firmware availability message will appear then hit the “Download and Install” button. You can also download iOS 4.2.1 firmware from the links below.
WARNING: Jailbreakers/Unlockers MUST stay away from iOS 4.2.1 until further notice.
Download iOS 4.2.1 Firmware
You can download iOS 42.1 firmware (IPSW files) for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 4G, 3G, 2G from the links below.
Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPad
Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 4
Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3GS
Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3G
Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPod Touch 4G
Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPod Touch 3G
Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPod Touch 2G
You can download the latest iTunes 10.1 from the link below:
We’ll keep you updated as soon as iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak tools are available for download along with detailed step by step instructions.
You can follow us on Twitter, Join us at Facebook, and also Subscribed to RSS Feed to receive latest updates.
We’re inching ever closer to the public release of iOS 4.2 for iPad, people! Apple’s developer center just posted build 8C148, listed as iOS 4.2.1 GM (gold master). Does this mean we’re getting iOS 4.2 tomorrow? We’ll keep refreshing our iTunes update screens and running our shell scripts — as soon as we see the new version drop, we will let you know.
iOS 4.2.1 gold master posted to Apple developer center originally appeared on TUAW on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments
Apple has recently released iOS 4.2 Beta for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G and 3G and iPad only for developers. You might want to downgrade from iOS 4.2 to iOS 4.1 / iOS 4.0.1 /iOS 4.0.2 firmware due to any problems occurring or you cannot still jailbreak iOS 4.2. Below is a simple step by step guide for both windows and Mac users to downgrade to iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.0.1 or iOS 4.0.2 from iOS 4.2.
NOTE: Only users who have saved their ECIDs with SHSH to Cydia Server for iOS 4.1, iOS 4.0.1 or iOS 4.0.2 must follow this guide. If you don’t have ECIDs please don’t go through this procedure as it can end up in screwing up your device OS. The ECIDs must be saved before up gradating to iOS 4.1 else you cannot downgrade after updating iOS 4.2.
Guide to Downgrade iOS 4.2 to iOS 4.1/iOS 4.0.1/ iOS 4.0.2 Firmware
- Download the required old ipsw firmware files to which you want to downgrade iOS 4.1/iOS 4.0.1/ iOS 4.2.1.
- Set up your device in DFU mode. For doing so, connect your device to computer and turn it off. Now Start iTunes and hold the Power + Hold button together for around 10 seconds. And now release the Power button but continue Home button pressed until your computer recognizes a new USB device. You will see iTunes logo and then “Connect to iTunes” will be displayed. Now you can release the Home button.
- Steps 4 and 5 should be followed by iPhone 3G or iPod touch 2G (non-MC model) users. If you have iPhone 4, iPad, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G, 3G, 2G (MC Model) go directly to step 6.
- Go to the path “c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\” in windows and open file “hosts” file in notepad. Mac users should go to path “/etc/” by going through “Go -> Go to Folder” from Finder and open the “hosts” file with text editor.
- Add the string “184.108.40.206 gs.apple.com” at the end of the file. This step enables to redirect requests for certificates for authenticity that iTunes will make to the Saurik server. Save the modified file.
- You have to restore to the old firmware that is downloaded in Step 1. For doing so, click on phone icon in the sidebar in iTunes. Press and hold left “Alt” button on Mac (Left “Shift” button on Windows) on the keyboard and then click on “Restore” button in the iTunes and then release this button.
- A prompt will appear to select the old firmware file. Select the ipsw file to restore and click “Open”.
- Wait for sometime while iTunes is restoring firmware on your device with some automated steps. You will see a progress bar is displayed at the iPhone screen. Wait until it completes. If, you see any error like 1004 or 1015 don’t panic as that is normal error which iTunes throw.
- Your iPhone will go into recovery mode and “connect to iTunes” message will appear on the screen. Download TinyUmbrella on your computer and run it. Now click on “Kick Device Out of Recovery” button. Your iPhone will be restarted now.
Now, you have successfully downgraded from iOS 4.2 to iOS 4.1/4.0.1/4.0.2. If you are on iOS 4.0.1
- How to Downgrade iPhone iOS 4.1 to 4.0.1-4.0.2
- How to Downgrade iOS 4.2 to 4.1 / 4.0.2 / 4.0.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G and iPad
- Resolve error 1015 during the downgrade the firmware for Mac OSX