- Plot changes based on the player’s choice of either a male or female lead character, who can regardless make enemies, alienate friends, and even fall in love.
- Unique item creation and alteration system through the mysterious Book of Prophecy.
- Developed in conjuction with top teams associated with Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV and the Harvest Moon and Rune Factory series.
- Highly detailed characters, landscapes and monsters fuel the addictive nature of capturing different monsters to complete your book?s collection.
- An immersive storyline in which players can lose themselves at a moments notice.
A crimson sky… You stand tall atop a tower looking down upon a world consumed by flames. An old man beside you opens his mouth to speak; “Time has expired for this world, but the records of this book shall create the next…” Your eyes snap open. You jump out of bed, covered in sweat. It was only a dream. “That dream again…” You’ve been having this strange dream quite often lately. Was it really only a dream? Dazed, your eyes wander about the room when you notice a book atop the desk. The pages in it are all blank… “What is this?” A spirit arises from the book and enlightens you on the prophetic nature of the book you behold. Upon the insistence of the spirit, you leave on a journey to complete the book and change the world.From the creative minds behind Rune Factory and Harvest Moon with the development studio responsible for the Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy IV DS remakes comes Avalon Code, a single player action RPG boasting incredible graphics, a deep and engrossing story and innovative game play mechanics. Using the main character’s ‘Book of Prophecy,’ players can save items and modify the rules of engagement during battle as well as change weapon and monster attributes. The player even has control over the story as it changes, depending on which gender the player chooses to play as, enhancing the ability to immerse themselves into the story.
From out of nowhere as you look around and all you see a crimson sky. You stand high atop a tower looking down upon a world consumed by flames. An old man beside you opens his mouth and speaks:
Suddenly your eyes snap open and you jump out of bed, covered in sweat, but not necessarily surprised. It was only a dream, but unfortunately an all too familiar and frightening dream that you’ve been having quite often lately. Dazed, your sleep-filled eyes wander about the room as they always do when you wake, but something is different this time. There is a book atop the desk, a book full of blank pages. But this no empty tome. It seems that a spirit of sorts named “Rempo” is bound to this book and as you are drawn closer it enlightens you on the nature of the book you behold. It is known as the “Book of Prophecy” and upon the insistence of the spirit, you leave on a journey to to fill its pages and in the process make an impact on the world, the likes of which you never could have foreseen. Gameplay
“Time has expired for this world, but the records of this book shall create the next…”
The connection between your dream as the main character and the book you are shown by Rempo is that the world has been slated for destruction, but only temporarily. The powers that be intend to recreate what they destroy, but require a blueprint for this, which is the purpose of the book. It is your job to seek out all the things that are to be recreated and note them in the book. But nothing is so straightforward in an RPG. There are forces in the world that would keep you from your appointed task. You must foil them by using the book itself. Although the Book of Prophecy does serve as a storage device, it is much more than that. It is player’s main tool, having a part in almost every aspect of the game. It takes a comprehensive snapshot of whatever it comes in contact with. This can be things as different and disconnected as a blade of grass and a sword. But as this is happens players will see that nothing is quite what it appears. All items are made up of a collection of attributes, many of which go unnoticed in their natural state. Once broken done into their separate pieces and laid out in the book, not unlike LEGO in the hands of a child or genes under the microscope of a scientist, these can recombined as the player sees fit to alter the strengths and weakness of enemies, solve puzzles, etc. Another added gameplay element that players will enjoy relates to the gender of the playable hero/heroine they choose. Although the beginning scenarios faced by either will be very similar, their end points may be quite different, allowing for hours of extra game time and replayability. Key Game Features:
- Top-Level Development Talent – The experienced Nintendo DS development team behind the Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy IV remakes, Matrix Software, is at the helm together with the creative minds behind the Harvest Moon and Rune Factory series.
- Alter the Game World to Your Advantage – By collecting information on the various monsters, inhabitants, plant and locations found in the game world and filling out the pages of the mysterious Book of Prophecy, players can influence a myriad of parameters, from monster attributes to weapon strength.
- Enticing Graphics and Game Play – Highly detailed characters, landscapes and monsters fuel the addictive nature of capturing different monsters to complete the book’s collection.
- Immersive Story – Players can lose themselves in the game’s grand, sweeping storyline. Choosing between either a female or male protagonist, start on a quest to either save or doom the world. As the main character, players can make enemies, alienate friends, and even fall in love.
List Price: $ 19.99
Price: $ 14.93