McLaren’s Jenson Button has accused Ferrari’s Felipe Massa of holding him up during Monaco Grand Prix qualifying.
Defending world champion Button said the Brazilian blocked him early in the final session on Saturday.
"It was very annoying that he got in the way because it was blatantly slowing me down," said Button.
Massa denied any wrongdoing, saying: "The car in front of me backed off, so I backed off as well. These things happen. There is nothing you can do."
But Button, who will line up eighth for Sunday’s race with Massa fourth, insisted that Massa was in the wrong and that with the field reduced to 10 cars for the final shoot-out there was no excuse for his behaviour.
"I had so much space, I don’t know what he was thinking," Button said.
"There are only 10 cars out there in Q3 it should be easy to keep out of the way of cars coming round."
"He obviously was not looking in his mirrors and it was right at the end of my first timed lap of the session."
Button said he was surprised Massa had not been given a penalty.
There had been concerns ahead of qualifying that drivers would be held up in the first session, which saw 23 cars packed onto Monaco’s famously tight street circuit following Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso’s practice crash, which ruled the Spaniard out for the rest of the day.
But ironically most of the complaints came after the third session.
Michael Schumacher said he was hindered by his Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg.
"It was in Q3 when there was lowest traffic and he was in the way. Bit of a shame, but there you go," said the German.
The Mercedes pair line up sixth and seventh on the Monte Carlo grid, with Rosberg once again getting the better of his celebrated team-mate.
But Rosberg was far from satisfied with sixth, the 24-year old topped the timesheets in second qualifying and was disappointed that he slipped back in the final session.
"I am in a bad mood, I did terribly today," said the 24-year old German.
"I should have had pole or at least been on the front row of the grid today, because in Q2 it was easy for me to be first with just one set of tyres.
"It just went completely wrong in the last qualifying session.
"I just didn’t get it together too many laps, traffic and I made a mistake myself so just a disaster and very, very disappointing,
"I am really sorry to the whole team that it went so bad and it will be a difficult race starting sixth."
Red Bull’s Mark Webber will start from pole position for Sunday’s race after edging out Renault’s Robert Kubica in the closing stages of qualifying.
This article is from the BBC News website. © British Broadcasting Corporation, The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.