Two people were hurt in the Stockholm blasts in December A 30-year-old man who was arrested in Glasgow in connection with a suicide bombing in Sweden has been charged with terrorism offences.
Strathclyde Police said the man, a foreign national, faced various charges under the Terrorism Act.
He was arrested following a police raid at a block of flats in the Whiteinch area of the city on Tuesday 8 March.
The man, who has not been named, is expected to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court.
Two people were hurt in two explosions in Stockholm in December. A man with an explosive device was later found dead.
The Stockholm bomber was named as 28-year-old Iraqi-born Taimour Abdulwahab al-Abdaly.
He had settled in Luton with his wife Mona, with whom he had three young children – two girls and a boy.
He previously attended the University of Bedfordshire.
The attack was believed to be the first suicide bombing in Sweden’s history.
Detectives have been investigating whether Abdulwahab was supported by others or acted as a lone attacker.
The Swedish Security Service said the 30-year-old man’s arrest in Glasgow was made following collaboration between Scotland and Sweden.
He was detained six days ago after a dawn raid on the 19th floor of a high-rise block of flats in Whiteinch.
At the time, the Strathclyde force said there was no direct threat to Scotland.
They confirmed the man was a foreign national and that the arrest was part of an intelligence-led operation into the attack in Sweden in December 2010.
This article is from the BBC News website. © British Broadcasting Corporation, The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.