Sheen fired from popular US show

Actor Charlie Sheen wavingSheen has also appeared in the films Wall Street and Platoon
Related Stories

The Warner Bros Television studio has said it has fired actor Charlie Sheen from the hit US sitcom Two and a Half Men, after “careful consideration”.

The news comes amid a frenzy of recent US media reports on Sheen’s controversial person life.

No decision has been made on the future of the television series, a spokesman for Warner Bros said on Monday.

Sheen, the highest paid actor on US television, has also appeared in films including Wall Street and Platoon.

Production of Two and a Half Men had been postponed since late January after Sheen, the son of Hollywood actor Martin Sheen, entered rehabilitation for reported drug and alcohol abuse.

The sitcom is the most popular series on the CBS television network.

“After careful consideration, Warner Bros Television has terminated Charlie Sheen’s services on Two and a Half Men effective immediately,” Warner Bros said in a statement.

Production on the series was halted in late February after the 45-year-old actor insulted Chuck Lorre, the show’s producer and co-creator, in several interviews.

Over the past few weeks, Sheen has given a series of often angry, rambling media interviews. He insists he is drug-free after undergoing rehabilitation in January.

The actor was taken to hospital in Los Angeles with severe abdominal pains before entering rehab.

He filed for divorce from his third wife, Brooke Mueller, in November, citing irreconcilable differences.

This article is from the BBC News website. © British Broadcasting Corporation, The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *