Portfolio WordPress Theme for Creative Pros
This one page portfolio WordPress theme is built for graphic designers, photographers, video producers, illustrators, artists and other creative freelance pros who want a simple, elegant and effective way to showcase projects, share testimonials, promote services and even do a little blogging on the side.
It is designed to immediately show the visitor the two most important things: your name and your work.
The theme is also made to be easy to setup and manage using WordPress.
It has a gallery that is filterable and paginated — and its lightbox has space for project descriptions — so you can create a truly robust portfolio site.
Add images and videos via your WordPress admin area and assign them to as many categories as you want.
Clicking the menu zips the user down to information about you, your services, testimonials, blog and contact details.
The contact section has social media icons, an optional map and AJAX contact form.
Light and dark styles are included with this WordPress theme.
The Zipfolio theme’s main feature is a highly flexible, easy to use media portfolio.
- Category filters with Quicksand transitions
- Items can belong to multiple categories
- Pagination (no running out of space)
- Show Images and Videos (YouTube, Vimeo)
- Lightbox with title, description and prev/next
- Options for rows and ordering (newest, oldest or manual)
- Easily managed with custom post type
Pages added in the WordPress admin show on the homepage as sections.
The section options for are what make them look like they do in the live preview.
You can create sections such as these:
- Portfolio with categories and pagination
- About with portrait, skills and experiences (or other content)
- Services with images
- Testimonials with images, using jQuery Masonry
- Blog with your latest posts linking to full archive
- Contact with AJAX contact form, Google Map and social media icons
- Custom Sections for other content (add as many as you want)
External Blog Archive
An external blog archive is included.
While your latest posts are shown in a section on the “single page” (homepage),
older posts are available in an archive (yourname.com/blog/).
These can be searched for and browsed by category, tag or month.
This external archive makes it possible for search engines to pick up on all of your blog content.
It also means people can share, bookmark and comment on your posts.
Zipfolio will not overwhelm you with theme options, but it isn’t going to leave you hanging either.
There are just enough options in order for you to do what you want.
- Color Scheme (Light or Dark)
- Logo Upload
- Custom Homepage <title> for SEO
- Custom Subpage <title> (External Blog)
- Footer Copyright
- Social Media
- Google Analytics
- Portfolio Rows
- Portfolio Ordering
- Blog Posts on Homepage
- Google Map
Zipfolio leverages built-in WordPress functionality.
- Uses Custom Post Types for portfolio items, services and testimonials
- Automatic image resizing using native WordPress functionality
- Custom Menu support (auto-configured on initial theme activation)
- WordPress blogging capabilities available in external blog
- Fully localized and Translation Ready (PO file included)
- Editor styles (buttons, boxes, styled text) shown live in content editor
- Compatible with WordPress Multisite network
- Required WordPress styles implemented (.alignright, .wp-caption, etc.)
- Includes Child Theme for optional style and feature customization
- A 404 File Not Found template has been prepared
The theme’s design is simple and interesting at the same time, keeping the emphasis on your portfolio.
- Valid HTML5 with CSS3 styling
- Single page with smooth Section Scrolling
- Image Preloading with scroll-in loading effect
- Fixed menu (always in view)
- Custom font (Lato Black via @font-face)
- Light and Dark styles
- Common elements styled (headings, lists, blockquote, form inputs, etc.)
Support & Documentation
Zipfolio includes documentation walking you through theme installation and showing you how to use its features in the WordPress dashboard.
- Support is Provided
- Complete Documentation (18 pages) covering installation, usage and customization
- Sample Content (XML) similar to live preview included — just import it
If you have a question that is not answered in the documentation or if you discover a problem,
you can submit a support request via the form on my Profile Page (must be logged in to see it).
My goal is to answer questions within 24 hours on weekdays (excluding US holidays and the rare period of travel).
Support is provided for theme features and problems.
Customizations not included.
You can view the Changelog in the online documentation.
Sources & Credits
- jQuery (MIT or GPL license)
- Modernizr (MIT, BSD ) by Faruk Ates, Paul Irish and Alex Sexton
- Quicksand (MIT, GPL ) by Jacek Galanciak
- prettyPhoto ( CC BY 2 .5) by Stephane Caron
- jQuery Smooth Scroll (MIT, GPL ) by Karl Swedberg
- jQuery Easing (BSD) by George McGinley Smith
- jQuery Masonry (MIT) by David DeSandro
- jQuery Cookie Plugin (MIT or GPL ) by Klaus Hartl
- jQuery imageLoader (MIT) by Bryan T. Smith
- jQuery.browser.mobile (public domain) by Chad Smith
- jQuery Validation Plugin (MIT, GPL ) by Jörn Zaefferer
- CFInstall (BSD-style license) by The Chromium Authors
- Google Maps API
- HTML5 Doctor Reset (public domain) by Richard Clark
- Lato Black ( SIL Open Font License) by Lukasz Dziedzic
- Grunge Texture (License) by elemis
- ajaxload.info Indicator (“gifs are totally free for use”) by Yannick Croissant and Catherine Roman
- Options Framework Plugin (GPL) by Devin Price
- Meta Box Script (GPL) by Tran Ngoc Tuan Anh (aka Rilwis)
- locate_template_uri() from WordPress Trac by John Blackbourn
- Cleaner Caption by Justin Tadlock
- An Alternative to the Shortcode Madness by Luke McDonald was enlightening
- reCAPTCHA PHP Library (free to distribute) by Mike Crawford and Ben Maurer
- Paul Bica provided many of the photos seen in Zipfolio’s live preview (not included with theme).
He has generously shared his work on Flickr under the CC BY 2 .0 license.
- PhotoDune is the source of About and Services photos.
Note: Photos in preview are not included with theme.