Weather apps have been a staple in the App Store since the beginning, and from time to time, and previously I mentioned a guide on how to get real-time weather data using the Google Weather API which no longer operates.
Here’s a wrapper for a newer free weather API called the OpenWeatherMap. OpenWeatherMap allows you to gather current weather, along with 5 and 14 day weather forecasters, and a number of weather maps – for free.
Adrian Bak has released an iOS OpenWeatherMap wrapper called OpenWeatherMapAPI that makes it very easy to gather current weather and forecasts for a specific city or coordinate.
Here’s an image showing the example project included with OpenWeatherMapAPI in action:
You will need to use Cocoapods to install all dependencies for the OpenWeatherMapAPI.
A nice easy way to gather weather data.
- Tutorial: Using Core Location And Google XML Weather API
- Tutorial: Securing iOS App Data – Using The Data Protection API, Keychain And Cryptography
- Tutorial: How To Use The iOS Keychain To Store Names And Passwords
- Open Source: iOS Keychain Wrapper For Easily Securing User Data For Your App
- Tutorial: Parsing HTML On With The Objective-C LibXML Wrapper Hpple
Original article: Open Source iOS Wrapper For Easily Gathering Weather Data From Free API
©2013 iOS App Dev Libraries, Controls, Tutorials, Examples and Tools. All Rights Reserved.