NOTICE : Hi, everyone! Our server is currently getting overloaded with traffic and some you may have trouble reaching the demo here and there. We’re working with our web host to get our dedicated server upgraded. Thanks for your patience
- HTML5 and CSS tableless design
- Responsive design for all screen resolution sizes
- Option to turn special stylesheet that targets tablets and mobile devices off or on.
- Unbranded Theme Options Panel
- Layout Builder
- Slider Manager
- Widget Area Manager (i.e. Unlimited Sidebars)
- 6 Sidebar Layouts (Watch Video)
- Tons of shortcodes with shortcode generator (See screenshot)
- prettyPhoto lightbox integration (Watch Video)
- Dynamic typography with Google Font Directory support (Watch Video)
- 100% child theme compatible with sample child theme included (Watch Video)
- Optional no-click drop down menus (Watch Video)
- 3 Custom Widgets (Twitter Widget, Video Widget, and Simple Contact Widget)
- Localization-ready (for translation into foreign languages)
Here is the quick step-by-step guide for how this theme’s demo homepage was setup from the WordPress admin panel. You can find much more information on the following steps in great detail by viewing the documentation that came in your theme’s download package. Keep in mind this is only a quick step-by-step for the theme demo’s homepage and you definitely do not have to setup your site in this way if you don’t want to.
- Install the theme under Appearance > Themes.
- Go to Settings > Reading > Frontpage Displays, and make sure you’ve selected “your latest posts”.
- Go to Appearance > Widget Areas and create a new custom widget area. For its location, select for it to be a “Floating Widget Area.”
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and add the “Search” widget to your new custom widget area along with the “Theme Blvd News Scroller” widget, which you can download here.
- Go to the Sliders page and create a custom slider.
- Go to the Builder page and create a new custom layout. Use “Akita Homepage” as your layout’s starting point. Configure your element settings, including selecting your custom slider in the slider element, and save the layout.
- Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Homepage, select to show a custom layout, and select the custom layout you’ve created.
For your reference, listed here are all of the image sizes that your images get cropped to when using this theme. If your WordPress installation already has many images uploaded, it’s best to run the Thumbnail Generator plugin after installing the theme.
- Slider Full Width – 960×350 (hard crop)
- Slider Staged Left/Right – 542×292 (hard crop)
- 1/5 Column of Grid – 200×125 (hard crop)
- 1/4 Column of Grid – 240×150 (hard crop)
- 1/3 Column of Grid – 320×200 (hard crop)
- 1/2 Column of Grid – 472×295 (hard crop)
- Small Thumbnail of List – 195×195 (soft crop)
NOTE : If you require changes to these image sizes, you do have options. Learn More
In order to run this theme, your server must have PHP5 and you must have WordPress 3.2+ installed.