- Includes all four DLC add-on packs released to date, as well as a fold-out gameworld map
- Intense combination of FPS and RPG gameplay with Borderlands’ random gun generator provides endless weapon variety
- Tear through the relentless monsters of Pandora with a crew of up to 3 of your friends in multiple modes including split-screen co-op
- Get behind the wheel of and engage in intense vehicle-to-vehicle combat
- Online multiplayer support for up to 4 players
Action RPG Meets First Person Shooter!!! Borderlands is the first 4 player Co-op Role Playing Shooter; combining the intuitive reward systems of action RPGs and the frantic-paced combat of First Person Shooters. The Game of the Year Edition includes all 4 of the add-on packs so that you can enjoy all of the content from one of the Most Acclaimed Games of 2009 in one sweet package. “The Zombie Island of Doctor Ned” – The Jakobs Corporation would like to invite you to experience the splendor of a corporate owned small town known as Jakobs Cove. Any rumors you may have heard about the “undead” walking our streets are completely preposterous and we officially deny them all. “Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot” – Are you god’s gift to gun fights? Think you’re the best? Wanna prove it? Then help us celebrate the grand opening of Marcus Bank by killing hundreds and hundreds of people, the only competitive arena around where your next of kin can be assured that you’re coming back famous . . . or not at all. (All proceeds are kept by us) “The Secret Armory of General Knoxx” – Want more of the Borderlands story? Want more loot than you could possibly figure out what to do with? Of course you do! And with The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, you can have your cake and eat it too… if you’re not too busy playing this game. Rise up to become the ultimate loot pillager… or die trying. “Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution” – This destructive adventure invites you back to the inhospitable environments of Pandora to battle a vicious new threat; an ever-amassing army of homicidal Claptraps led by the cunning Ninja Assassin.
A sci-fi/action RPG from acclaimed developer Gearbox, Borderlands combines the best in first-person shooter (FPS) action gaming with elements of a traditional role-playing game (RPG). The excitement of this hybridization is further magnified by the game’s groundbreaking content generation system which allows for a near-endless variety in missions, environments, enemies, weapons, item drops and character customization, making the game’s single player, multiplayer and online campaigns not to be missed. This special Game of the Year edition takes the action even further with the inclusion of all four of the downloadable content releases for the game, as well as a fold-out map of all the Borderlands Pandoran territories.
In a distant future, the planets at the outer edges of the galaxy have become a beacon to fortune seekers and those yearning for a better life off world, but there are no guarantees in deep space. Pandora, one of these distant planets, was reported to be rich in untapped mineral wealth, and so drew many hoping to get rich quick, but in the end little was found beyond the scattered ruins of a past alien civilization. With nothing to gain, any who could soon abandoned Pandora, leaving those who remained to deal with the lawlessness of a world gone bust, and the mystery of the long-dead alien civilization. But as chaotic as these times were, there were worse days yet to come. After several years the planet’s huge orbit slowly brought it near to its sun and once unknown and horrifying creatures sprang from their long hibernation to terrify the stranded colonists. The only hope of the colonists seems to be a vault discovered in a mountainside, rumored to contain alien technology and secrets about Pandora. Will this discovery be the colonist’s salvation or their end? Discover their fate in Borderlands.
As in a traditional RPG, Borderlands is built around the continual leveling of characters as they delve into quests. These quests include both story-driven adventures and side quests that offer players rewards such as items exclusive to quest completion and/or forward movement of the story. Players can look forward to action set in both single player and multiplayer modes–including co-op play–as well as vehicular combat, literally thousands of different types of weapons that change each time you play and randomly generated maps and map features.
Borderlands features several playable characters, each with its own unique backstory, abilities and skills. Skills can be leveled up, allowing for improvement of things like health, accuracy with weapons and capacity for items. In addition to this, characters possess unique skill tree development, ensuring that each will develop differently regardless of time spend leveling them up.
Key Game Features
- Co-op Design – Borderlands is built from the ground up to be an exciting, intuitive cooperative experience for up to four players simultaneously that rewards players who work together and invest in co-op skills. Split screen is also supported.
- FPS Gameplay – In this role-playing shooter, choose one of several distinct characters, each with their own individual skill sets. As your character grows throughout this fast-paced FPS, you choose and customize your abilities to suit your style of play.
- Art Style – The game’s distinctive art style combines traditional rendering techniques with hand-drawn textures to paint a bold and eye-catching spin on the FPS genre.
- Vehicular Combat – Jump behind the wheel and engage in high-speed vehicle-to-vehicle combat, complete with spectacular explosions and road-killed Skags.
- Frontier Planet – Search the wasteland planet of Pandora for the legendary alien vault. Fight your way through bandits, discover nine native (and aggressive) creatures, and help the few settlers on the planet in your search for a Vault rumored to contain a great prize – if it even exists.
- Gun Lust – Choose from literally hundreds of thousands of weapons, each with their own manufacturers, specifications, and advantages. The revolutionary content generation system guarantees that you’ll find almost infinite tools of destruction to suit your play style.
- Online Multiplayer Support – Borderlands supports 2-4 players via Xbox LIVE.
Borderlands Game of the Year Edition for Xbox 360
- A copy of the standard Borderlands game for Xbox 360
- All Borderlands DLC add-ons packs available to date
- Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned – Originally released as a digital content download, action in it is centered in the town and surrounding areas of Jacob’s Cove, which is on the fictional Jakobs Corporation owned Island unofficially named Zombie Island. Here players are tasked with the completion of 20 exclusive Borderlands missions, involving the zombie infestation of the island, as well as various optional side quests. As the name of the island suggests, players will be kept busy honing their skills at killing zombies, zombie bosses and the other undead beings as efficiently as possible. In-game money is earned for these kills and available weapons come both in the form of randomly generated weapons and unique items taken off defeated bosses. The level of undead action experienced is directly tied to players’ progression within the single player campaign within the main game, making for gameplay closely tied to the main game, and a zombie fest not to be missed.
- Borderlands: Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot – Borderlands: Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot is the second add-on pack for Borderlands re-released on disc following initial availability via digital download. Designed with a Mad Mad Thunderdome ethic and feel, action here occurs within a series of spaces known as riot arenas where the changing rules, commentary and mood are provided entirely at the whim of the over-the-top and seductive ringmistress, Moxxi. Within the matches, both single player against AI and multiplayer player, players rack up kills using a variety of weapons and shields, earning themselves skill points and in-game loot that can be stored at an in-game bank.
- Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx – Borderlands goes to 11! You may have seen some games raise their level cap by 5, or maybe even 10, but with The Crimson Lance Assassination Squads wreaking havoc and Crawmerax the Invincible being all invulnerable and stuff we knew you’d need more than just 10. And that’s why Borderlands goes to ELEVEN. The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is an add-on pack for Borderlands that adds new guns, new class mods, new vehicles, new missions, new enemy types, and increases the level cap to 61. In other words…best add-on ever. Of all time. Forever.
- Borderlands: Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution – To combat second hand sales of used munitions among greedy, haggling treasure hunters on Pandora, the Hyperion Corporation have decided to activate the Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap. Instead, it has organized all of the claptraps into a revolution, and they’ve been assimilating all life on Pandora and converting them into claptraps. With our heroes caught in the middle, they must stop the Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap in order to release his control over all of Pandora’s claptraps and collect their reward, of course. The pack adds 21 missions, 10 new skill points, three additional backpack slots and raises the level cap to 69.
- Fold-out Map of all the Borderlands Pandoran Territories
List Price: $ 59.99
Price: $ 39.95
- Find over 2300 cleverly hidden objects
- Investigate 25 intriguing Vegas locations to locate the stolen money
- Two fun game modes: ‘Solve the Vegas Heist’ and ‘Unlimited Seek & Find’
- Play 5 unique mini-games: Word Search, Tile Rotation, Tile Swap, Jigsaw & a unique crime solving puzzle
The heist of the century has just happened! You’ve been hired by the casino to find & return the stolen money before its grand opening in 16 hours. Search for over 2300 cleverly hidden objects in 25 intriguing locations to solve the Vegas Heist.
List Price: $ 19.99
Price: $ 7.23