Donate & Download is a plugin that allows to distribute files through donations. People can decide how much to donate and what payment gateway to use for that (PayPal, Payza/Alertpay, Authorize.Net, 2Checkout, InterKassa), but you always can set minimum limit of their donations for each file separately. Once donation completed, the plugin automatically sends temporary encrypted download link to donor’s e-mail address.
- Monetize your website: get donations from your users.
- Multiple payment gateways: accept payments via PayPal, Payza/AlertPay, Authorize.Net, 2Checkout or InterKassa.
- Minimum donation limit: set minimum donation for each file to be downloaded.
- X-Sendfile supported: download huge files through X-Sendfile mode if mod_xsendfile module installed on your server.
- Temporary download links: plugin generates encrypted link that is valid for limited time.
- Modern donation form: CSS3 AJAX -driven donation form.
- Shortcode driven: insert shortcodes like [donationdownloads id=”XXX”].
- Easy to install: install and activate the plugin as any other plugins.
- Translation ready: plugin might be translated to any language.
- WordPress Best Practices: no any alerts from Plugin Check and WP_DEBUG.
Front End Functionality
The best way to understand the idea of Donate & Download is to see live example. Click “Live Preview” or visit demo link. On “Live Preview” website you can donate desired amount and receive download link with limited period of validity.
1. Install and activate the plugin like you do with any other plugins. Once activated, it will create a menu “Donate & Download” in left side column in the admin area.
2. Click left side menu “Donate & Download >>> Settings” and do required settings. Set your payment gateways parameters, e-mail address for notifications, e-mail templates for success and failed payments, download link lifetime, etc. Please look at the screenshot below to see what kind of settings you can do there.
3. Click left side menu “Donate & Download >>> Files” and upload the files that you would like to distribute through donation. In this section you also can set the minimum donation for your files, view all payment transactions, generate and view temporary download links. You also can upload large files through FTP -connection (upload them to folder
/wp-content/uploads/donation-downloads/files/) and assign them in this section.
4. Once file uploaded look at column “Short Code”. This is short code which you can insert into your posts or pages. The short code is like that:
[donationdownloads id="XXX"] (XXX – is an ID of file). You also can extend this short code by adding return_url parameter. For example, if you wish to redirect your customers to “http://www.website.com/thank-you.html” page after successfull payment, just insert the following short code:
[donationdownloads id="XXX" return_url="http://www.website.com/thank-you.html"].
5. Go to any post/page edit page and insert short code there. This short code is replaced by donation form automatically.
That’s it! Enjoy using the plugin.
If you have problems regarding using the plugin, please contat me and I’ll help you.
Download Donate & Download (Standalone)